Does anyone know how to get ahold of an LDS mission home?

The place for religious discussions -- doctrinal or cultural, Mormon or otherwise.

Moderators: Lady Celtic, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot, Sara without the H

lilcis

Does anyone know how to get ahold of an LDS mission home?

Postby lilcis » Fri 23 May, 2008 08:48 am

My husband is in Cozumel, Mexico on a dive trip and he hurt his back. We'd got in touch with his travel insurance to try and get him medical care. I'd like to find out if there are any missionaries on the island who could give him a blessing.

I got a phone number from this sitebut I couldn't get through. And I'm not even sure if it's an accurate phone number. He's supposed to fly home tomorrow, but currently he's immobile and I'm not sure it he can make it out of there.

Any helpful thoughts/advice?
Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be. Michael Scott

ImAdhis

Postby ImAdhis » Fri 23 May, 2008 09:39 am

I was going to suggest the Meetinghouse Locator but it looks like they don
www.NewMoneyMama.com

lilcis

Postby lilcis » Fri 23 May, 2008 09:45 am

Thanks. They got in touch with a doctor who sent him to the hospital, so at least he'll be getting medical care. I gave them the address of the meeting house, so hopefully they'll find someone there.

My biggest concern is that he'll get a medical treatment that he doesn't need. I just want him on that plane to come back here to get it taken care of. He has a bad back, so this isn't unusual. It just stinks that it's happening in another country where he may not get the chiropractic care he needs.

AARGH!
Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be. Michael Scott

The Don

Postby The Don » Fri 23 May, 2008 02:21 pm

Have you tried calling Church Headquarters?
I like traffic lights.

fairyshasha

Postby fairyshasha » Fri 23 May, 2008 09:10 pm

The number to call the missionaries if you want them to come visit you to know more about the church is 1-800-645-4949. If you called that number (I think it's the elders in SLC) they might be able to help you contact the right ones. I don't know how long the turn around would be on that. But they have to have some way of sending the info on. Headquarters is a good idea too.
I had a baby this year. Three girls total now!

treen

Postby treen » Fri 23 May, 2008 10:13 pm

You could also try calling your local mission president and see what kind of information he has access to. I recently needed to contact my sister on her mission via phone due to a family emergency that we wanted her to be aware of, and the local mission president gave me the phone number for my sister's president.

Return to “Religion”