A mission call

The place for religious discussions -- doctrinal or cultural, Mormon or otherwise.

Moderators: Lady Celtic, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot, Sara without the H

deepdish

Postby deepdish » Wed 20 Aug, 2008 12:17 pm

Wow... this new revelation about Coolboy and his legs is fascinating. How did your mission companions feel about the leg shaving? Were you better able to outrun hostile street dogs with the decreased winddrag?

:) :) :)

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 20 Aug, 2008 01:53 pm

How in the WORLD you people get so far off-topic is beyond me! :roll:
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

The Don

Postby The Don » Wed 20 Aug, 2008 03:17 pm

Not to get even further off topic but I had a mission companion who was bored one night after proselyting and decided to pierce his right nipple. It was fascinating.
I like traffic lights.

ImAdhis

Postby ImAdhis » Wed 20 Aug, 2008 04:40 pm

::gag::

and

::shudder::
www.NewMoneyMama.com

Jersey Girl

Postby Jersey Girl » Wed 20 Aug, 2008 09:12 pm

The Don...that's gross

When I was in NJ, it was always fun to talk to missionaries about their experience of opening their mission call to see New Jersey Morristown mission. Half of them didn't know where NJ was and the other half didn't want to go there, but loved it after they served. One RM kept on telling me how great the pizza was and how he missed it. I agree.

I had a friend who was from Layton, UT and got called to Provo. I think that is a little cruel.
"Chicken legs were moved, roads were crossed, motives were questioned."--EFB

Mrs. Goofy Gordon

Postby Mrs. Goofy Gordon » Thu 21 Aug, 2008 09:50 am

My friend's hubby was from IL, and went to BYU. He went home to get ready for his mission and his called was to the SLC Mission.

My best friend's son, got a tatoo on his mission, when I asked where his companion was when this was going on, she said, there next to him getting his own. It is a sun dial on his lower back.
Some people are like Slinkies...they are not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

ImAdhis

Postby ImAdhis » Thu 21 Aug, 2008 09:53 am

Jersey Girl wrote:I had a friend who was from Layton, UT and got called to Provo. I think that is a little cruel.

I imagine the Presidency does that for fun.

"Hey- watch this! He's from Layton and I'm going to write down 'Provo' as his destination." (chuckles all around the room)
www.NewMoneyMama.com

RenLass

Postby RenLass » Thu 21 Aug, 2008 02:58 pm

My best friend's son, got a tatoo on his mission, when I asked where his companion was when this was going on, she said, there next to him getting his own. It is a sun dial on his lower back.

Hmmm. Sounds like the right type to get a job from the Mormom Missionary Calendar.
When the devil reminds you of your past,
remind him of his future

Mrs. Goofy Gordon

Postby Mrs. Goofy Gordon » Thu 21 Aug, 2008 05:35 pm

He is very good looking and a Navy Seal. Has changed a bit since the mission, but even though in service, still not a follow the rules type.

Sealed in the temple and the father of 3 boys, one who gets blessed next Sunday. Will be a doc when out of the service.

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

hotel manager

Postby hotel manager » Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:56 pm

Ishmael wrote:I went to Provo on my mission.

In some ways, it was like being a rock star for two years.

When I got back from my mission, my roommate and I (who were on the mission together) dressed up in white shirts and ties, put on the old MTC nametags (which were different than our mission tags) and went dancing at the Edge (which will probably reveal my old-ness). We were total and complete chick magnets. They literally flocked to us. I have never been treated like more of a rockstar in my whole life. I'm sure that some girls snarled at us from afar, murmuring about how we would go to hell, but the vast majority of girls (HOT girls) were all over us.

Was it wrong? Definitely.

Do I regret it? Not for a second.

Re: the tattoo, a lot of missions have a "thing," one of which is the mission tattoo. (I've heard of other things too like mission piercings, random facial hair growth, wearing Superman t-shirts under the white shirt and tie, etc.) I heard that the tattoo was the Chicago mission's "thing" for a while; in fact I know of three missionaries that served in Chicago (one a sister!) that all came home with tattoos. Many times the mission "thing" is highly inappropriate but the result of being young and dumb. By the by, my mission "thing" was to buy, carry, and be able to use a Zippo lighter. When I left, I had about ten of them. The only one I have left is a Washington Redskins Zippo that doesn't work anymore. I no longer have the necessary skill or callus to flick open a lit Zippo.
I'm your huckleberry...

Mrs. Goofy Gordon

Postby Mrs. Goofy Gordon » Wed 27 Aug, 2008 03:13 pm

I think I missed out on the "thing" if there was one in my own mission.

My friend's son with the tattoo went to the IL Chicago Mission.

ImAdhis

Postby ImAdhis » Wed 27 Aug, 2008 03:29 pm

hotel manager wrote:When I got back from my mission, my roommate and I (who were on the mission together) dressed up in white shirts and ties, put on the old MTC nametags (which were different than our mission tags) and went dancing at the Edge (which will probably reveal my old-ness). We were total and complete chick magnets. They literally flocked to us. I have never been treated like more of a rockstar in my whole life.

Nmajungerdez (hold on, my dentures slipped)-- in my younger days, I wouldn't have flocked to a couple of guys like that since I was so COOL and ALOOF, but I would have thought that was hot.
www.NewMoneyMama.com

Return to “Religion”