A temple in ROME!

The place for religious discussions -- doctrinal or cultural, Mormon or otherwise.

Moderators: Lady Celtic, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot, Sara without the H

Jersey Girl

Postby Jersey Girl » Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:09 pm

I attended a Saturday night temple session once in the DC temple and it was pretty dead (no pun intended). I actually like a quiet empty temple compared to a busy crowded one. I can barely think when people are having whispered conversations with long lost friends and relatives. I don't think the DC area will be at a loss of temple workers since most are supplied from the surrounding stakes, but I bet their hours will be shortened. They did that when Manhattan was opened. The cafeteria is closed and they are adjusting to smaller temples being nearby. I attend the temple once a month, but that's because it's only 40 minutes away. I know I'm probably an exception to the rule. DC is a busy place and I'm sure people aren't making the time to go up there as Audrey said.

I only went occasionally when it was five hours away in NJ. I still was surprised the Church put the Philly temple in the Center City area. I like the suburban temples and was happy to move away from the Manhattan area temple. I assume wedding pictures were not the highest priority when the Church decided to place the temple. :)
"Chicken legs were moved, roads were crossed, motives were questioned."--EFB

Karenins_SuperSon

Postby Karenins_SuperSon » Mon 03 Nov, 2008 04:43 pm

When someone asked me where in Rome the temple was going to be built, I replied, "The Vatican. They've already got the infrastructure to support it, because it comes with its own Security Guards and stuff."
Her lips were saying "no," but her eyes were saying, "read my lips."---Dr. Niles Crane

Return to “Religion”