Singles Ward

The place for religious discussions -- doctrinal or cultural, Mormon or otherwise.

Moderators: Lady Celtic, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot, Sara without the H

~Zesdy~

Singles Ward

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Fri 13 Nov, 2009 07:41 am

They are organized just as a regular home ward, right? And, they assign home and visiting teachers, correct?

Audrey

Re: Singles Ward

Postby Audrey » Fri 13 Nov, 2009 08:31 am

~Zesdy~ wrote:They are organized just as a regular home ward, right? And, they assign home and visiting teachers, correct?

Yes, they are organized for the most part like a home ward, with the exception that there is typically no need for a Primary or the YW/YM programs or high priest quorum. And yes, home and visiting teachers are assigned.
If you smile at me I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 13 Nov, 2009 08:54 am

Home and visiting teachers are assigned, and they tend to be pretty faithful. I don't know why you're asking, but the way singles wards are set up, pretty much the only members of the ward are those who WANT to be there. (This is new, by the way, and may not reflect all singles wards everywhere.) So someone who happens to live in a stake with a singles wards and who happens to be the right age would not be assigned to the singles ward unless they have shown some interest. They don't have to be fully active, just express a desire to be included. Otherwise, their records remain with the geographical ward, and the HTs and VTs come from there.

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Fri 13 Nov, 2009 09:00 am

I'm just getting info since my oldest is now of age. That is all.

Thanks!

Eric's Fat Brother

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Fri 13 Nov, 2009 10:09 am

The bishop is kind of shady, though...
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Fri 13 Nov, 2009 12:19 pm

Ha!

AdamOndi

Postby AdamOndi » Fri 13 Nov, 2009 01:58 pm

While I cannot speak for all singles wards/branches, I can speak for my own. I loved my time in the singles branch. And not just because that's where I eventually met and tricked Lisapants into marrying me. It was really nice to be surrounded by people who are around the same age, and at the same station in life. Plus, I got to experience some interesting callings that would usually be filled by a much older man in most family wards. While our home teachers weren't necessarily any better than the average family ward ones, our large family home evenings, "Break the Fast" potlucks, and abundant activities were a ton of fun. I kind of wish that all wards had an activities committee as active as the one my singles branch.
Check out our blog [url=http://adamandlisahansen.blogspot.com]at this link[/url].

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 13 Nov, 2009 06:33 pm

The ZesDaughter came to a Linger Longer once, and everyone was very welcoming. I hope she will want to come to our ward. Bishop H would just need to talk to Rocky. We are a totally fun group! Maybe we could just get her to come to FHE. It's at our house every Monday at 7.

Return to “Religion”