cute things kids say

The place for religious discussions -- doctrinal or cultural, Mormon or otherwise.

Moderators: Lady Celtic, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot, Sara without the H

Momma Snider

Re: cute things kids say

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 23 Jan, 2013 10:32 am

We were doing Spotlights in Primary, where we pick two kids and ask them a few questions right there. We've found that works better than trying to get information from parents ahead of time, and also because if someone shows up who's not there often, we can spotlight them that day. Anyway, one of them was a Sunbeam, and she was digging in her nose the whole time, and I giggled when the question was "What is your favorite food?" I was SO hoping she'd say "boogers!"

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 01 May, 2013 11:16 am

This isn't religious, but it's a Cute Thing Kids Say. Or said, anyway. My little grandson was with his mom and other grandparents at Costco the other day. Other Grandma is British. Grandpa went off to get some butter, and Mack asked where he was going, and Other Grandma said, "Grandad's going to get some butter." And Mack kept repeating it, over and over, in the English accent. It's funny because my DIL doesn't notice an accent when her mom talks, but she noticed it when Mack said it exactly the same way.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 20 May, 2013 02:05 pm

A little boy gave the sweetest prayer in Primary yesterday. I think he's 7. Sharing Time had been on tithing, with the bishop presenting it. Then we had this boy give the prayer off the cuff, and he said, "Please help everyone to be able to figure out how much tithing they should pay, and always pay it, and please bless President Monson that he will be happy when his wife rises again."

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 26 Aug, 2013 10:20 am

Another cute prayer, this one by a five-year-old: She said the usual stuff, and ended with "Please help us all be safe and not be attacked by cwiminals."

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 14 Oct, 2013 09:39 am

Our Primary program was yesterday. I am the 1st counselor, so I was in charge. This was the thing that had me the most freaked out when I was first called, because I had no idea how to go about writing it. (In the olden days, there was an actual script that was handed out. I can see why it didn't work very well, with all the different configurations of Primary in different wards, but I didn't know how to do it.)

Anyway, it came together and I felt inspired, which always feels good. The very first part, after we sang "As A Child of God," was a Sunbeam, who had been assigned to say "I am a child of God." In practice two weeks ago, I whispered it to him, and he sang the whole first verse, right into the microphone. I hoped he'd do it again in the program, and he did. It was so sweet, and so perfect!

All but one of the teachers showed up and only three families were late, and only one family didn't show up at all without letting us know ahead of time, and almost all the kids knew their lines with little to no prompting! Only two, siblings, seemed to have no idea, but that seems to be their reaction any time they're asked a question, and they did say the lines when I whispered to them. One other girl wanted to chicken out, but she did it just fine. So it was great!

And now it's over!

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Tue 15 Oct, 2013 07:45 am

Yay! Our primary program is in ten days (or so) and our kids know their lines letter-perfect--we practiced last night as part of Family Home Evening. HOWEVER, I will not even TRY to predict who will actually say their lines and who will freeze up in front of the microphone, because my children are silly.
You're unique, just like everyone else!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 11 Dec, 2013 11:54 am

My two-year-old grandson: "The baby Jesus is standing up because the angel visit Santa Claus but Joseph doesn't want to be Santa Claus he wants to be Joseph Smith."

My other two-year-old grandson: "Daddy is pooping. It could be toxic."

Return to “Religion”