Regular Heaven or ... ?

The place for religious discussions -- doctrinal or cultural, Mormon or otherwise.

Moderators: Lady Celtic, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot, Sara without the H

When you die, if you get a choice of going to regular heaven or pie heaven, which would you choose?

Regular Heaven
29%
Pie Heaven
71%

Total votes: 17

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Thu 09 Sep, 2010 08:11 am

I picked pie heaven in the poll, but now I'm worried that I chose the wrong one. What if regular heaven has things that pie heaven doesn't have? But what if I can't get cranberry-orange pie in regular heaven? I guess I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Oh wait...
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 09 Sep, 2010 10:30 am

I love Jack Handy, but I really don't see any point in pie heaven, the more I think about it.

Card

Postby Card » Thu 09 Sep, 2010 11:35 am

One thing I like about this poll is that it currently doesn't add up to 100%.

Card wrote:... because hey, pie is good.

...because hey, free dummy. I actually did that on purpose, but I don't know if anyone caught that? Free dummy, anyone? Beuller?

I also like the one that goes something like "If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, just let 'em go because man, they're gone."

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Thu 09 Sep, 2010 12:04 pm

Card wrote:
Card wrote:... because hey, pie is good.

...because hey, free dummy. I actually did that on purpose, but I don't know if anyone caught that? Free dummy, anyone? Beuller?

I didn't get it at first, but now I do. I just think it is awesome that we ended up with a Jack Handy thread in the religion forum.

"Here's a good tip for when you go to the beach: A sand dollar may look like a nice cracker that someone left, but trust me, they don't taste like it."

EthanBeckstead

Postby EthanBeckstead » Thu 09 Sep, 2010 12:37 pm

Momma Snider wrote:I love Jack Handy, but I really don't see any point in pie heaven, the more I think about it.

Well, it might be a trick, but if not... mmmmmm boy! but, I think I said that already.

Card, I didn't get the reference either, but I love the free dummy quote. It makes about as much sense as any jack handy quote.

Robcan, I debated which forum to put this in, and if I put it in the main forum, I didn't want anyone to get offended that we were talking about heaven and religion. Who knows? Maybe someone frequents this board and hates religion, so they just stay out of the religion area (haha, as if...)

So, I put it in the religion space. As expected, the village of nerds took my silliness and made something serious out of it. Momma makes a good point that regular heaven should probably have pie already, so what's the point?

Maybe pie heaven is only pie, and all you can eat... even if you're not hungry, and with no other choices. This reminds me of this:

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Now I declare that when you reply to this religious Jack Handy thread, you have to put in a new Jack Handy quote that has not yet been used. Unless you don't want to, but you might get flogged. The only way to stay on topic is to talk about Religion, Heaven or Pie Heaven, or give a Jack Handy quote. so there.

P.S. I like being back in Utah temporarily. It has all those things.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 09 Sep, 2010 12:46 pm

Card, those are two of my favorites!

I also like the one about how you should always carry around a couple of sacks of something, because then, if someone asks you to help them, you can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Thu 09 Sep, 2010 01:55 pm

Somebody else needs to add their vote so it can come out to 100%, before someone with OCD about numbers notices and derails the thread right over into the next county.

I have a question about cranberries, because of robcan's comment about that cranberry-orange pie. (Keep in mind, I don't usually actually go to the grocery store anymore; I delegate the job to my minions.)

Do the supermarkets have fresh cranberries all year round now, or can you only get them close to Thanksgiving? All of a sudden, I have about 3 or 4 recipes I want to try that use fresh cranberries, but I don't know whether I will have to wait or whether I should be able to find them now (or my minions should, I mean).

Uh oh. This doesn't look like it's still Fairfield County...

Anyway, the Jack Handey quote I like best:

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Thu 09 Sep, 2010 03:40 pm

I never see cranberries except around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Once I froze a bag so I could have some during the off-season, but I didn't end up using it until Thanksgiving came around again. And the cranberry-orange pie still ended up delicious, even with year-old frozen berries.

"If you're a cowboy and you're dragging a guy behind your horse, I bet it would really make you mad if you looked back and the guy was reading a magazine."

Momma Snider

Re: Regular Heaven or ... ?

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 10:52 am

I could eat a whole apple pie in a couple of days, and convince myself it was healthy, because it was apples.

Jack Handey quote: "I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching."

Return to “Religion”