New Calling

The place for religious discussions -- doctrinal or cultural, Mormon or otherwise.

Moderators: Lady Celtic, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot, Sara without the H

Momma Snider

Re: New Calling

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 15 May, 2015 10:21 am

That would be a fun class to teach! I haven't ever done that one, but I taught Temple Prep when we were in the Singles Ward, and that was a lot of fun.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 01:43 pm

I got a new calling yesterday, my dream calling! I'll still be in the Primary presidency; this one will be done at home, sitting on my couch. I'll be typing Patriarchal blessings! The patriarch has been doing it himself, but that's quite a burden, and I'm really good at spelling and punctuation and grammar and stuff, besides being able to type reasonably well. I'll listen to the recording, type it onto a form, and send it back to him to make sure I didn't mess anything up. (I'm really glad about that part! I'd hate to get something wrong!)

He only does 1-2 a week in our small stake, so I won't be overwhelmed. My goal will be to finish the same evening that I start one. My main rule will be to pray first, and finish it up BEFORE I take my Ambien.

SDR

Postby SDR » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 04:25 pm

Ambien Patriarchal Blessings would be an awesome twitter feed.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 08:22 pm

Oh, yeah. I'd just hate to be the mom of a teenager who ended up with one!

quidscribis

Postby quidscribis » Thu 11 Jun, 2015 08:38 am

LOL! The image dancing around in my head of an ambien patriarchal blessing...
There's no better form of government than a dictatorship when you're the dictator.
-Fahim Farook

Walking the World
Me on Instagram
Me on Twitter
Me on Google+
Me on Facebook

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 11 Jun, 2015 11:15 am

My family's favorite is my email that ended with "I love my ambien. Hoof nihhy." (It meant good night.)

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 11 Jun, 2015 11:37 am

It turns out it's not just Ambien, though. I also take gabapentin for nerve and other pain, and Atenolol for my heart, and both of them make me somewhat drowsy. The other night I couldn't sleep, partly because my brain kept kind of spinning around, wide awake, even though my eyes were SO sleepy. But it was also partly because I hurt everywhere. My hips, so I couldn't lie on either side, and my back and down my leg, so I couldn't sleep on my back, and even the outside of my ears were hurting from the pressure of the pillow. And my heart was pounding away, felt like it was bouncing me around with every beat. I KNEW I remembered putting my pills in the little jar where I gather them so I don't drop any. I had broken off a little piece of the Ambien because I'm trying to take a smaller dose, and I thought maybe I'd put the big piece back in the bottle and taken only the little piece. But when I went to check, there were ALL my pills, still in the little jar. I'd put them in and then went to turn off the water in the sink where I was filling the mop bucket and forgot to follow through and actually swallow the pills.

So, Ambien or not, I really shouldn't try to do anything important after about 9:00. But I typed my first blessing last night, and it was a wonderful experience!

Return to “Religion”