What's for Dinner?

Is it incongruous that a board with a "Hot Body Weight Loss Contest" also demanded a recipes forum to help each other get fat? I cannot see how.

Moderators: Eric's Moderator Brother, Sara without the H

QaPlaIncognito

Postby QaPlaIncognito » Sun 24 Oct, 2004 05:05 pm

New recipe. Really, really easy. Really, really good. Try it:

Fallen Angel Food Cake:
1.75 c sugar
1.25 c flour
2 tbsp cinnamon
6 egg whites

Beat the eggs to stiff peaks. Sift the dry ingredients four or five times. Slowly and carefully add the eggs to the dry ingredients. Bake in a 9x9 pan ~1 hour. Let cool and serve. Fin.
Kill all butterfiles! Stop the chaos effect!

quidscribis

Postby quidscribis » Sun 24 Oct, 2004 06:53 pm

I'll give it a try. I like easy. :D
There's no better form of government than a dictatorship when you're the dictator.
-Fahim Farook

Walking the World
Me on Instagram
Me on Twitter
Me on Google+
Me on Facebook

jebelmuus

Postby jebelmuus » Fri 26 Jan, 2007 12:02 pm

robcan2 said something about starting a recipe thread, and then I remembered this thread from days of yore.

So now I bump it to the top, from page 28 million or something.

P.S. I highly recommend the jebelsoup.

lilcis

Postby lilcis » Fri 26 Jan, 2007 12:10 pm

Forum. We need a recipe forum.

Please? Pretty please?

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Fri 26 Jan, 2007 12:56 pm

Yes, recipe threads abound on this board. It would be great to have them all in a nice little package in a separate forum. I'm sure Jeff would not particularly enjoy trying to find all of the threads to move over there, but even if we just started fresh and maybe moved threads over when and if they ever resurface, that would be awesome.

The Don

Postby The Don » Fri 26 Jan, 2007 01:16 pm

Has anyone made this request to Jeff directly or on the support forum?

lilcis

Postby lilcis » Fri 26 Jan, 2007 01:25 pm

Good point.

There. It's been done.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 26 Jan, 2007 05:25 pm

Jeff thinks it's a good idea, but we're at his house for the weekend so they can get the electrical done in the basement, so he doesn't get to play on the computer much this weekend.

This is an even better idea than that cookbook I was supposed to be doing a few years ago.

AdamOndi

Postby AdamOndi » Fri 26 Jan, 2007 05:29 pm

I still like the idea of constructing an online Momma Snider cookbook that could be attached to this site. It would still be nice to have a separate recipe forum to contain various recipes from the members of the board, but keeping the purity of Momma's recipes separate from various things proposed by board members would be a good idea.

WiseNLucky

Postby WiseNLucky » Sat 27 Jan, 2007 04:37 am

lilcis wrote:Forum. We need a recipe forum.

Please? Pretty please?

What a great idea!
WiseNLucky

Horizontally gifted since . . . .

InOregon

Postby InOregon » Sun 28 Jan, 2007 12:21 am

I can vouch for the Jebelsoup. SO. GOOD.

quidscribis

Postby quidscribis » Sun 28 Jan, 2007 07:06 am

I, what, sixth it that it's a great idea. :D

Momma Snider

Re: What's for Dinner?

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 16 May, 2011 09:28 am

I wonder what ever happened to quidscribis?

I looked for this thread because I'm wondering what's for dinner tonight, even though I started it before I left for work. I have a meeting after work, so won't get home until 5:30 or so, and we need to eat by 6 because of FHE. So I had decided, while I was lying awake during the night, to make Sticky Chicken, which is the rice and chicken and onion soup thing. The only problem is that I use brown rice, which takes a long time to cook, so I usually partially pre-cook it. So this morning I put it on to cook while I did the Wii Fit, only when I tried to put in a can of chicken broth, I opened it and dumped it in and found out it was actually Progresso Beef Pot Roast soup.

So I just invented a new dinner! We'll see how well chicken goes with pot roast soup. Too bad I don't have some canned beef.

KMD

Postby KMD » Mon 16 May, 2011 09:40 am

You should be fine Momma. I did something similar a few weeks ago, where I was browning chicken in a pan, thought "I need some kind of sauce on this..." and grabbed what I thought was a packet of Lipton onion soup mix from the pantry, but turned out to be beefy onion soup mix, added water, and threw it in there. It was fine. Not something I'll be doing in the future on purpose, unless there's nothing else in the pantry, but it was good enough.

Lipton used to make a golden onion soup mix, and I loved that with chicken. Is it just that my stores aren't carrying it? Do any of you out there in Internet Land have Lipton golden onion soup mix on your store shelves?
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Mon 16 May, 2011 12:25 pm

I was reading this and wondering whatever happened to not only quidscribis, but also QaPlaIncognito.

Does anyone know their real names so we could find out if either of them is on Facebook or Twitter? I think quid's name is Laurie Ashton (Something), but I dunno about QaPla.
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Audrey

Postby Audrey » Tue 17 May, 2011 07:43 am

KareNin wrote:I was reading this and wondering whatever happened to not only quidscribis, but also QaPlaIncognito.

Does anyone know their real names so we could find out if either of them is on Facebook or Twitter? I think quid's name is Laurie Ashton (Something), but I dunno about QaPla.

Quidscribis is Laurie Ashton Farook, @LMAshton on Twitter. She still blogs at http://srilanka.laurieashton.com/ and has recently relocated from Sri Lanka to New Zealand.
If you smile at me I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 17 May, 2011 09:14 am

Wow, Audrey! I'm so glad to know that! I'm going to look her up. Maybe it was the Laurie connection, but I really felt a kinship with her.

quidscribis

Postby quidscribis » Fri 02 Sep, 2011 06:21 am

Hi!

Yep, we moved to New Zealand at the end of February, but that didn't work out, so we left at the end of July. We took a couple of weeks break in Singapore before returning to Sri Lanka, where we are now while we plan our next steps.

I loved the weather in Auckland - it was fall when we were there, and being cool, and me being at least part troll of the Discworld-verse, had a brain that functioned way way way better for the duration of time we were there. Alas, back to Sri Lanka, and I have fog-brain again. Ack.

Howdy y'all!
There's no better form of government than a dictatorship when you're the dictator.
-Fahim Farook

Walking the World
Me on Instagram
Me on Twitter
Me on Google+
Me on Facebook

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 02 Sep, 2011 09:12 am

Wow! How nice to hear from you! I intended to look at your blog after Audrey posted the link, but by the time I got home I had forgotten.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Fri 02 Sep, 2011 09:48 am

Hi, Laurie! I wondered why you guys moved back to Sri Lanka. I can commiserate, with the weather-related health woes. I'm sorry things didn't work out in Auckland.

Momma, Laurie is on Twitter, too! You should follow her (wherever she goes).
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Return to “Recipes”