I need a recipe or an idea

Is it incongruous that a board with a "Hot Body Weight Loss Contest" also demanded a recipes forum to help each other get fat? I cannot see how.

Moderators: Eric's Moderator Brother, Sara without the H

fairyshasha

Postby fairyshasha » Fri 06 Jun, 2008 02:57 pm

There's a good fruit dip that uses sour cream. I'm with deepdish. Sour cream mmmmm.
I had a baby this year. Three girls total now!

InOregon

Postby InOregon » Fri 06 Jun, 2008 03:54 pm

I have a recipe for sugar cookies that uses sour cream. They're super soft--like Lofthouse cookies. (oh, and now I have a craving again)

Here's the recipe:

SOUR CREAM SUGAR COOKIES

6 c. flour, sifted
2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 c. sour cream
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 tsp. salt

Mix flour, baking powder and salt together. Add butter and cut in like pie crust. Add the sugar and eggs. Put the baking soda in the sour cream (stir over bowl) and add to the flour mixture, then add the vanilla; mix well. Chill in refrigerator. Roll out, cut in desired shape and bake in a 375 degree oven for about 8 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
"reading is polushun. someday it will kill me."

My Bonnie lies over at Flickr.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 06 Jun, 2008 04:54 pm

I will definitely try that cookie recipe! And I just remembered my staple Christmas Chicken (really more or less a chicken enchilada casserole) that uses sour cream, and everyone loves it. So I'll be okay. I personally could eat the whole tub of sour cream with a spoon, but I hope to not do that.

lilcis

Postby lilcis » Fri 06 Jun, 2008 06:18 pm

Momma Snider wrote:I will definitely try that cookie recipe! And I just remembered my staple Christmas Chicken (really more or less a chicken enchilada casserole) that uses sour cream, and everyone loves it.

um, yeah .. . you really can't mention something as yummy sounding as that and not share the recipe! I mean, you can, but that would be mean. And I know you're not mean.
Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be. Michael Scott

KMD

Postby KMD » Fri 17 Oct, 2008 08:44 am

How have I not posted about this before? I have no idea...

My family has this traditional Italian cookie we make every Christmas. I've talked to people of Polish and Russian descent, and they make a similar cookie, just use something different to coat it in sugary goodness. We call them krustalas (croo-stalas). I don't have the recipe on hand, but I'll post it later if anybody is interested. But basically you take flour, sugar, sour cream, etc... make a dough and roll it flat. You cut long rectangles of the dough, make a little slit in the center, take one end and push it all the way through the slit, so it flips it (no good way to describe this! Arg!) and then you fry it, and it puffs up, like a doughnut. When you get it out of the oil, my grandma used to dip them in Karo syrup, then let them cool. Now, we just sprinkle with powdered sugar, the Karo method is a bit too much sugary-goodness. Golly, these things ARE Christmas to me. Mmmm! Sour cream and deep fat frying, coated in sugar, how could you go wrong? :D
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Fri 17 Oct, 2008 03:57 pm

"Anybody" is definitely interested!! Geez, are you KIDDING? Sour cream + deep frying + coating in powdered sugar (or something)? Better than having to go to the Fair, just for Fair Food! Post it! Post it! Post it!
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

KMD

Postby KMD » Sun 26 Oct, 2008 08:05 pm

Well, I was just about to. I pulled my recipe out to type it up, and realized there are ingredients missing! You know how some people will leave out a key ingredient when they give you a recipe, so yours never turns out quite as good as theirs? Yeah, my mom is this person. :( I'll hound her for it and get back to you.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

vivster

Postby vivster » Thu 25 Jun, 2009 10:47 am

I'm wondering if anyone has a recipe for hot dog/hamburger buns that's light and airy, like the store-bought ones. I've looked a lot online and tried several recipes that are decent, but all are fairly dense. Anyone have something like that?
I hate violence, yes I do. It's kind of a dilemma, huh? - Jackie Chan

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Thu 25 Jun, 2009 02:43 pm

I've made this one once and intend to make it again. It's not dense at all, in my opinion.

Hot Dog and Hamburger Buns
You're unique, just like everyone else!

vivster

Postby vivster » Mon 20 Jul, 2009 03:35 pm

Lady Celtic, thank you! I just tried that recipe yesterday and it turned out the best yet! It's much lighter than the other recipes I've tried, and tastes great. Thanks again!
I hate violence, yes I do. It's kind of a dilemma, huh? - Jackie Chan

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Tue 21 Jul, 2009 07:53 am

You're welcome, vivster! I do love that recipe--I need to remember to use it more often.
You're unique, just like everyone else!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 21 Jul, 2009 09:53 am

I'd forgotten about seeing this recipe. I'm going to make it today.

Return to “Recipes”