PLEASE!! There is no Marie Callender's here!!

Is it incongruous that a board with a "Hot Body Weight Loss Contest" also demanded a recipes forum to help each other get fat? I cannot see how.

Moderators: Eric's Moderator Brother, Sara without the H

petullant

Postby petullant » Tue 30 Jan, 2007 08:48 am

I just realized that saying, "Dear Karenin, I'm having fantasies about your pie. Love, Laura" sounds a whole lot worse then I mean for it to.

But it's true. Boy oh boy does that look yummy! Which recipe that Jeff linked to did you use? Or are they both the same?

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 30 Jan, 2007 09:43 am

BWA HA HA HA HA.

I feel loved!

Okay, Miss Llew, just for you, here is the actual recipe I used, complete with my amendments and suggestions.

German Chocolate Pie

1 plain pastry shell, baked
1 large box chocolate pudding -- cooking kind, not instant (you will have some excess)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 to 1 cup finely-flaked coconut
3/4 to 1 cup chopped pecans
Large container of Cool Whip

Bake pastry shell with an empty pan set inside it so it will brown evenly and not blister as it bakes (375 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes). Cover bottom of pastry shell with a layer of chocolate chips. Heat in oven or microwave to slightly warm and soften the chocolate chips. Meanwhile, cook pudding according to package directions; then add in pecans and coconut and stir well. Pour onto pie crust while mixture is hot. Chill in refrigerator until set. Once chilled, top with Cool Whip. For the authentic Fake Marie Callender look, sprinkle the top of the pie with additional coconut, chopped pecans, and shaved chocolate curls (you can use a vegetable peeler and a Hershey bar--whatever.) Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Tue 30 Jan, 2007 10:13 am

That sounds deeelicious!

Ms. Quid, it doesn't say dried on the actual package, but I'm guessing it is. Ah well. Next time I'm tempted by a fresh coconut on sale, I'll post here and get your recipes.

quidscribis

Postby quidscribis » Tue 30 Jan, 2007 07:16 pm

If you buy a fresh coconut, you'd have to shred it somehow. If you don't have a coconut shredder, that can be a pain.

Another option would be to try Asian markets or Asian restaurants in your area. I've heard that some of them sell freshly shredded coconut. But before you do, make sure that it really is freshly shredded - as in, within an hour or two of you buying it. Otherwise, it could be dried out and it's just not anywhere near as good.

robcan2

Postby robcan2 » Mon 05 Feb, 2007 04:22 pm

Susannah wrote:Looks awesome, KareNin. Way to go! :D

It reminds me of the butterscotch pie I made for Thanksgiving. Mmm...I want to make another one this weekend.

Hey, I just realized that Susannah mentioned a delicious food item without posting the recipe. Susannah, consider yourself chastized, and please to be posting the recipe here or in the pies thread.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 05 Feb, 2007 07:56 pm

I meant to say that, too, Rob. Butterscotch is my favorite.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Thu 08 Feb, 2007 02:10 pm

I would like to try that recipe too, Susannah. Please post it...?

<bump>

~Zesdy~

Postby ~Zesdy~ » Sun 11 Feb, 2007 08:31 pm

<coughs> Whispers, "Susannah, I think KareNin's trying to get your attention."

<bump>

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 13 Feb, 2007 02:57 pm

Don't make me resort to using a Private Message or email, Oh Susannah. You know how I hate sneaking around behind everybody's back, sharing recipes on the sly.

Thanks, ~Zesdy~ me luv. I didn't realize that I had left the erroneous first Thread Bump (directed at robcan) up. If I can delete it, I will, and continue to nag Sus about posting the recipe.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 21 Jul, 2009 07:51 pm

BUMP!

We were just talking about this German Chocolate Pie the other day, and I promised Tom I'd look up the recipe and ogle the pictures again, so I'd sorta remember what it was supposed to look like.

And then...{sets her jaw grimly}...I SEE that Miss Susannah has had more than TWO YEARS in which to post her recipe for Butterscotch Pie. TWO YEARS. And yet, she has NOT done so, and now that she has moved back to Utah, I'll just bet that she will say something like "Oh, I have no idea where the recipe is now" or something.

So. a Big Red Bump to the Rump for you, Missy. (Not YOU, Missy or Misty Anyone In Particular. This was a generic Missy.)

Oh, Susannah, oh won't you post for meeeeeeee....
Or I'm goin' to Luzianna with my Band-Aid on my kneeeeee...

(I do like to sing authentic old folk songs, for the cultural good of The Village.)

Please...? Thank you most egregiously!
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 21 Jul, 2009 08:40 pm

If you don't post it, Susannah, we will assume you just use butterscotch pudding for the filling, which sounds pretty darn good right now.

You know what's not that great, though? Butterscotch pudding ice cream at Cold Stone. Maybe if I'd had some fudge on it, or maybe if I hadn't been already disgruntled because it cost $4.75 for one lousy scoop, it would have been better. As it was, meh.

ImAdhis

Postby ImAdhis » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:32 pm

At least, it wasn't their Wasabi Ginger ice cream. That thing was FULL of AW.
www.NewMoneyMama.com

Return to “Recipes”