I'm Becoming a Girl - Part I - My Dream Kitchen

Is it incongruous that a board with a "Hot Body Weight Loss Contest" also demanded a recipes forum to help each other get fat? I cannot see how.

Moderators: Eric's Moderator Brother, Sara without the H

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 16 Sep, 2010 07:26 am

WnL, can I convince you to post a pic or two in this thread? Pretty Please with sugar on top? Because I am going crazy wanting to see how the whole thing ended up!

Our project is pretty close to complete as well. We found some lovely laminate flooring that looks like tile. We put in 7 windows, and the door has a big window in it, so there's a lot of light. Electric is done, although I think my dad is going to have to drop the light fixture about 5 inches because it's interfering with the one last thing that needs taken care of. For some reason, whoever built the screened-in porch onto the house initially, they put this weird ugly, exposed 2x4 strip, all across the top, above the door, and it's not even straight, or "flush" or whatever, it's beveled inward. We couldn't put drywall over it, because it sticks out from the rest of the wall, the drywall would have been concave! So, we had to run drywall up to the bottom, and now we have to do something to get it straight, and then we're going to put a row of tile on it, just trying to turn an eyesore into something decorative. I really love it, so far. It looks completely different from what was there before. But I think at this point, my husband just wants his weekends back. :D
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

WiseNLucky

Postby WiseNLucky » Thu 16 Sep, 2010 02:58 pm

KMD wrote:WnL, can I convince you to post a pic or two in this thread? Pretty Please with sugar on top? Because I am going crazy wanting to see how the whole thing ended up!

I'm so sorry; I thought you guys could see all the pictures but only the sink was there. Nice sink, but still . . .

Here are some more:

Whole kitchen
Blinds - Window Wall
Pantry/Refrigerator/Oven Wall
48" cooktop and vent hood, with tile backsplash
Side view of cooktop
Wolf double ovens
WiseNLucky

Horizontally gifted since . . . .

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Thu 16 Sep, 2010 03:01 pm

It looks great WnL!

WiseNLucky

Postby WiseNLucky » Thu 16 Sep, 2010 03:03 pm

Turns out I did it right in a previous post that lets you look at all the pictures I've posted. Just click on a picture and it will blow that one up for you.

Kitchen photo album
WiseNLucky

KMD

Postby KMD » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 08:10 am

WnL, I appreciate the effort, but my problem is that it's still on Facebook, and works blocks Facebook. And I'm never on the computer when I'm at home. And I don't even have an account in Facebook at all.

WiseNLucky

Postby WiseNLucky » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 11:43 am

KMD wrote:WnL, I appreciate the effort, but my problem is that it's still on Facebook, and works blocks Facebook. And I'm never on the computer when I'm at home. And I don't even have an account in Facebook at all.

I don't know how to post photos on this site. I think you have to have a website of your own to post them to, and then link from here to there. I don't have a website other than Facebook where I can post the pictures.

Can someone on the site help me?
WiseNLucky

lisapants

Postby lisapants » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 01:25 pm

I copied some of the pictures from facebook to my computer and created a Picasa web album. Here's the link.
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

KMD

Postby KMD » Fri 17 Sep, 2010 06:11 pm

Thank you lisapants! That was so nice of you to do!

WnL, I liked your kitchen before, but I LOVE it after! You took it from totally average and made it fantastic and amazing!

WiseNLucky

Re:

Postby WiseNLucky » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 07:41 am

lisapants wrote:I copied some of the pictures from facebook to my computer and created a Picasa web album. Here's the link.

Thanks for doing, this, lisapants. I love having friends on the internet!
WiseNLucky

lisapants

Re: I'm Becoming a Girl - Part I - My Dream Kitchen

Postby lisapants » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 09:47 am

You're welcome. Glad to help :D
<------- Ondipants, Babyloo, and Little Buddy

WiseNLucky

Re:

Postby WiseNLucky » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 12:12 pm

KMD wrote:WnL, I liked your kitchen before, but I LOVE it after! You took it from totally average and made it fantastic and amazing!

Thanks for the compliment. I really do like it now. There is so much more I can do.
WiseNLucky

Return to “Recipes”