Easy Pizza Alfredo sauce?

Is it incongruous that a board with a "Hot Body Weight Loss Contest" also demanded a recipes forum to help each other get fat? I cannot see how.

Moderators: Eric's Moderator Brother, Sara without the H

EthanBeckstead

Easy Pizza Alfredo sauce?

Postby EthanBeckstead » Wed 01 Dec, 2010 09:32 am

I submit to you recipe gurus in this new section I have just discovered... the recipes. I have been browsing the old posts, and I know that most (if not all) of you are recipe and cooking gurus. Not just gourmet, but also quick-n-easy yummy stuff. That's what I'm after today.

I have made the following recipe multiple times with great success. It is a very delicious alfredo sauce, and is supposed to be the same as Olive Garden. Tonight I will be making it for a youth group where we're getting together to make some pizza.

Does anyone have a better pizza alfredo sauce? This one works okay, but it's intended for pastas, so it is thinner than you'd like on a pizza. I have done it before by adding a little extra parmesan and simmering a little longer. If anyone else has a favorite pizza alfredo sauce recipe, please share. If you already shared it before I joined your magical world, please help me find the link.

CREAMY ALFREDO SAUCE

1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 pint heavy cream
1-2 teaspoon garlic powder (start with 1 and taste)
salt & freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese

In a medium to large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
Add the cream cheese and whisk to smooth and melted.
Whisk in the heavy cream.
Season with the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Bring to a good simmer and whisk frequently until sauce thickens, around 25 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
Taste and adjust seasoning's.

robcan2

Re: Easy Pizza Alfredo sauce?

Postby robcan2 » Wed 01 Dec, 2010 09:40 am

Butter, cheese, and heavy cream. How could this not be delicious?
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

AdamOndi

Postby AdamOndi » Wed 01 Dec, 2010 12:40 pm

EthanBeckstead wrote:Does anyone have a better pizza alfredo sauce? This one works okay, but it's intended for pastas, so it is thinner than you'd like on a pizza. I have done it before by adding a little extra parmesan and simmering a little longer. If anyone else has a favorite pizza alfredo sauce recipe, please share. If you already shared it before I joined your magical world, please help me find the link.

Another way in which you could thicken up this sauce without having to simmer it longer and wait for it to reduce would be to add a little flour at the beginning when you are melting the butter to make a roux. Just melt the 1/2 cup butter and whisk in a tablespoon (for a little bit thicker result) or two (for a much thicker result) of flour, and let it cook at that medium heat, whisking continually, until the flour starts to acquire a golden color. Then proceed with the rest of your recipe.
Check out our blog [url=http://adamandlisahansen.blogspot.com]at this link[/url].

EthanBeckstead

Postby EthanBeckstead » Wed 01 Dec, 2010 04:23 pm

Good idea Adam, I'll try that tonight.

Yes, robcan, it is a little bit too delicious.

The Don

Postby The Don » Wed 01 Dec, 2010 05:43 pm

I second the roux idea. Alfredo also traditionally has a pinch of nutmeg in it.
I like traffic lights.

Benny

Postby Benny » Thu 02 Dec, 2010 01:47 am

And I think it was something like 1 Tbsp of flour thickens 1 cup of liquid in a blonde roux
When you have fat friends there are no see-saws, only catapults.

EthanBeckstead

Postby EthanBeckstead » Thu 02 Dec, 2010 08:50 am

It worked perfectly, thanks everyone. 1 tablespoon flour would have been perfect. I tried 2 just to be sure, and it was a little too thick. It wasn't a problem, and still tasted great, but next time I'll use 1 T.

AdamOndi

Postby AdamOndi » Thu 02 Dec, 2010 11:19 am

Huzzah! Alton Brown's indoctrination of basic culinary techniques into me benefits yet another person. Excellent. I know that learning all about roux for him has drastically improved my gravy abilities. It helped me to make one of the best pan gravies ever from last year's roasted turkey.

Huzzah again for excellent gravies and well-thickened alfredo sauces!
Check out our blog [url=http://adamandlisahansen.blogspot.com]at this link[/url].

deepdish

Postby deepdish » Thu 02 Dec, 2010 10:04 pm

Roux rox.

WiseNLucky

Postby WiseNLucky » Fri 03 Dec, 2010 08:27 am

I made some seafood gumbo using Alton's method of making dark (brick) roux by mixing oil and flour and baking it in the oven for a long time. Some of the best stuff I've ever eaten.
WiseNLucky

Horizontally gifted since . . . .

Benny

Postby Benny » Fri 03 Dec, 2010 11:01 pm

Ditto Alton. Only thing I don't like about him is his fondness for cumin and curry powder in places it just shouldn't go.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Sat 04 Dec, 2010 12:25 pm

Hmm. I've never given a whole lot of thought to the possibility of putting cumin and curry powder in places it just shouldn't go.

I keep it in the cupboard with my other Indian spices. Nice & dark and cool in there...
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Benny

Postby Benny » Mon 06 Dec, 2010 12:52 am

Well, he sticks the curry in the pea soup and broccoli casserole. Wrooooooooong. He reeeeally likes cumin and sticks it in everything

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Mon 06 Dec, 2010 08:58 am

Well, that is just ridiculous! When he needs some curry or some cumin for a dish it belongs in, when he takes the little jar out of the soup or the broccoli casserole, isn't it all covered with gunk like pea soup and bits of broccoli and sauce and stuff? Then it would take time to clean all that stuff off the jar so you could get the proper amount out of the jar for the dish the cumin or curry really DOES belong in... I dunno.
It just seems like a very impractical place to store a spice you're going to be using frequently. I'm sticking with the cupboard as a place to put my curry and cumin. Thanks for the alternate suggestion, Benny, but I agree with you.

I need some help getting my tongue unstuck from the side of my cheek, here...
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Return to “Recipes”