Must share

Is it incongruous that a board with a "Hot Body Weight Loss Contest" also demanded a recipes forum to help each other get fat? I cannot see how.

Moderators: Eric's Moderator Brother, Sara without the H

deepdish

Must share

Postby deepdish » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 06:06 pm

Tried an experiment tonight and it worked like a charm. It's not the food choices as much as it is the easy cooking method

1 polska kielbasa
1 box Red beans & rice mix (like Zatarain's)
1 cup of rice
5 cups cold water
=======

Cut kielbasa into bitesize pieces. Mix the pieces and all the other ingredients together in a Rice cooker. Press 'cook'
45 minutes later... serve.

I was thinking this is one my 14-year-old could even start after school so it's ready when we get home from work. Even a younger child could do it if you sliced the kielbasa up before hand.

Thought I'd share.

Momma Snider

Re: Must share

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 06:42 pm

That sounds good!

AdamOndi

Postby AdamOndi » Wed 27 Apr, 2011 06:52 am

We've done stuff like that before. It's a very popular dish in and around Louisiana to make dirty rice (also known as red beans and rice) and throw in some nicely browned andouille sausage pieces. When it's all nice and cooked, we usually throw some cheese on top, too.
Check out our blog [url=http://adamandlisahansen.blogspot.com]at this link[/url].

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 27 Apr, 2011 09:01 am

The Zataran's brand actually has two different varieties, one called Red Beans and Rice and the other one called Dirty Rice. I don't know what the difference is, but sausage would be a great addition to either one.

My go-to is brown rice with cut-up chicken, a can of diced chiles, pepperjack cheese, and maybe a little cream of chicken soup. But that takes some advance preparation, since the rice takes 45 minutes and the chicken has to be cooked. It does have the advantage of using things I always have on hand, unlike sausage, but it would not be as easy for a kid to get started.

Benny

Postby Benny » Wed 11 May, 2011 11:30 pm

If I'm not mistaken, dirty rice uses the leftover chicken giblet bits chopped up fine and smooshed into your rice
When you have fat friends there are no see-saws, only catapults.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Thu 12 May, 2011 06:42 am

Yeah, that's what makes it "dirty," not the beans. Benny is secretly a Ragin' Cajun, I think. Who knew?
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Return to “Recipes”