Pinterest recipes

Is it incongruous that a board with a "Hot Body Weight Loss Contest" also demanded a recipes forum to help each other get fat? I cannot see how.

Moderators: Eric's Moderator Brother, Sara without the H

Momma Snider

Pinterest recipes

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 03 May, 2013 02:09 pm

I keep seeing yummy recipes on Facebook that have been pinned from Pinterest. I have joined Pinterest, but have not done anything with it. But I have seen some things that I really want to eat, like S'Mores Cups, made in a muffin pan. I sent that one to my DIL for the bake sale. And yesterday I saw Easy Lemon Bars, made with an angel food cake mix and two cans of lemon pie filling. That's all, except for the dusting of powdered sugar on top after they're baked. I'm not an angel food cake fan, but I do like lemon, and maybe I wouldn't eat half a pan of these like I do when I make the regular ones.

Momma Snider

Re: Pinterest recipes

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 03 May, 2013 02:11 pm

Hmmm...white chocolate chips in the cake?

Lady Celtic

Postby Lady Celtic » Fri 03 May, 2013 02:59 pm

I'm intrigued by the angel cake/lemon pie filling one. Let me know how it turns out!
You're unique, just like everyone else!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 17 May, 2013 02:33 pm

That cake was pretty good, but I think it would have been just as good or better with a white or yellow cake mix, which would have been cheaper. And with the pie filling costing about $2.50 a can, it was a fairly expensive dessert for its quality. The white chocolate chips were a definite plus, in my opinion. Now that I think about it, it's exactly the same as the snack cake I make with cooked chocolate pudding and a chocolate cake mix, and I know I've made it with my own lemon pudding, so I could have made it a lot cheaper. But I guess this recipe was going for easy, not cheap.

I also tried another new recipe for the bake sale, Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Bars. Rocky loved them, but he loves sour things. It only used 1/2 cup of sugar with three bricks of cream cheese, and with orange juice concentrate mixed in and swirled on top, it was way too sour for me.

Return to “Recipes”