Mushrooms

Is it incongruous that a board with a "Hot Body Weight Loss Contest" also demanded a recipes forum to help each other get fat? I cannot see how.

Moderators: Eric's Moderator Brother, Sara without the H

robcan2

Mushrooms

Postby robcan2 » Thu 02 Jan, 2014 11:05 am

Mushrooms have recently become a staple at our house. We just buy the regular white button mushrooms. We slice them up raw for salads, and I like to saute them in butter with some onions to put on a burger or in an omelet.

We had about a pound that were going to go bad if we didn't use them up soon, so I looked in Allrecipes to see what I could do with them. I found and made this recipe, and my 10-year-old and I loved it. We just put it on some pasta, but the next time I grill a steak, this is going on top. My 6yo who doesn't like mushrooms dutifully tried one and wouldn't eat any more. My vegan wife didn't eat any because of the butter, but next time I might just omit the butter and increase the olive oil.

2 tablespoons butter
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1 pound button mushrooms, sliced

Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano, and mushrooms. Saute for *about 10-15 minutes, or until tender.

*The recipe online says 20-30 minutes, but that's too long.

If anyone has any other awesome mushroom recipes, please share!
Random musings from a musing randomizer: Rob From Reality

Momma Snider

Re: Mushrooms

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 02 Jan, 2014 01:57 pm

I don't, but I love me some mushrooms!

Return to “Recipes”