Fluffernutter Rice Krispie Treats

Is it incongruous that a board with a "Hot Body Weight Loss Contest" also demanded a recipes forum to help each other get fat? I cannot see how.

Moderators: Eric's Moderator Brother, Sara without the H

Eric's Fat Brother

Fluffernutter Rice Krispie Treats

Postby Eric's Fat Brother » Tue 29 Apr, 2014 10:02 am

This is my favorite Cheat Day treat I've discovered recently:

http://www.shugarysweets.com/2013/04/fl ... pie-treats

I make them almost exactly as that recipe says, with these small tweaks:

-- It says to use "regular sized" marshmallows for melting and mini marshmallows to mix in near the end. The first time I made them, I did it that way, and the large ("regular") marshmallows take forever to melt. So the second time I used minis for everything, and it worked great.

-- The first time I made them, I didn't have as many peanut butter chips as it called for, so I mixed half PB chips and half milk chocolate chips and melted that for the top layer. I later made them with the PB chips like it calls for, and I liked it quite a bit less than my first batch. They were still good, but in my opinion, they are quite a bit better with the mix of PB and chocolate.

-- It says to use a 9-inch square pan, but I only had an 8-inch, so mine were a bit thicker than theirs. I have had a thinner version, and I like mine more.

-- Partly because there is already chocolate in my altered version of the melted chip layer, and partly because I used a smaller pan, I found that I only needed half as many of the Reese's Mini PB Cups as it called for (one bag instead of two).

These things are amazing and magical, and I recommend that you make an entire pan for Cheat Day and eat it all by yourself.
Jeff J. Snider
"I'm crazy but I get the job done."
My NEW weight-loss blog

Return to “Recipes”