failure

Is it incongruous that a board with a "Hot Body Weight Loss Contest" also demanded a recipes forum to help each other get fat? I cannot see how.

Moderators: Eric's Moderator Brother, Sara without the H

Momma Snider

failure

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 03 Nov, 2015 11:34 am

I know there's not much audience here, but I need to confess that I failed miserably at a new recipe last night. I failed twice, in fact. It was a chocolate caramel tart. I made the cookie crust just fine, not cookie crumbs but a dough, which they made sound more complicated than it was. But then the caramel filling started with cooking sugar until it melts. Plain white sugar. I have never done that before. The first batch looked fine until I added the cream, and then I found out I'd cooked it too long, and it wouldn't mix with the cream. So, experimenter that I am, I poured the cream out again and saved it so I could try again. This time I don't think I cooked the sugar quite long enough, so it hadn't quite all melted, and when I poured in the cream and butter, lumps of sugar clumped up in there. I'll tell you what, though, the part that did turn into caramel as I left it sitting there in my self-disgust was DELICIOUS. Oh, man. So good! So if no one eats the crust as is, I might try again, only I'll use evaporated milk instead of cream, because I'm not going to the store again. I think it will work, if I get the sugar right.

Return to “Recipes”