Four truths and a lie

This forum is for all the different game threads that run amok here in the Village.

Moderators: Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother, seespot

Karenins_SuperSon

Postby Karenins_SuperSon » Wed 27 Jun, 2007 08:00 am

Good. Because I LOVE cilantro.

In fact, I had a heaping of it on top of the BBQ Chicken pizza that I had last night at The Pie, right near the U of U campus.

Plus, it makes burritos, tacos, and salsas MUCH better.
Her lips were saying "no," but her eyes were saying, "read my lips."---Dr. Niles Crane

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 27 Jun, 2007 09:12 am

It does if you like eating soap!

Binky

Postby Binky » Wed 27 Jun, 2007 12:39 pm

Have your mouth washed out enough with soap and you will develop a taste for it.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 27 Jun, 2007 07:40 pm

Binky, in Steve's case, then, he should retch at the taste of cilantro, because he was Such a Perfect Child he never got his mouth washed out with soap. At least, not that I recall. I only tried that a time or two with any of the kids, and I think it bothered me more than them. It felt like child abuse to me.

I will agree that a touch of cilantro improves the taste of authentic Mexican foods, but more than a tiny amount just ruins the whole thing for me.

Degustibus non est disputandum. Or so they say.
Have a nice day, unless you already have other plans.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 27 Jun, 2007 08:05 pm

And it's your turn, KareNin, now that you're back in The Hio.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Wed 27 Jun, 2007 09:37 pm

Okee dokee, as we say here in The Heartland.

1. My favorite flavor of ice cream is vanilla. Mint chocolate chip runs a distant second.

2. I really like spiders, snakes, frogs, toads, rodents, and most insects and multi-legged creatures... with the exception of the housefly. I will go on a rampage and become Scary Woman when trying to hunt down and kill a common little ol' fly, I hate them so much.

3. Almost every time I follow a recipe exactly, the results are mediocre. If I just use guesswork and intuition, it comes out much better.

4. I have a tattoo that no one else has ever seen, even my husband. I've never even told anyone about it until now.

5. All my adult life, I have wanted to learn to fly and get a pilot's license. Only in the past year or so have I come to terms with the fact that this goal is very unlikely to be realized in this lifetime.

Binky

Postby Binky » Thu 28 Jun, 2007 07:00 am

KareNin wrote:4. I have a tattoo that no one else has ever seen, even my husband. I've never even told anyone about it until now.

LIES, all lies, I tell you!

Lowdoggy Dogg

Postby Lowdoggy Dogg » Thu 28 Jun, 2007 08:57 am

#5, though #4 does seem the most likely. If not it will have the best backstory. My guess is that it was just a few dots from a tattoo that never saw completion. Either that or it is on your scalp.

Card

Postby Card » Thu 28 Jun, 2007 03:18 pm

#4. Dang! That one was taken. Can I pick which one I think is the truth?

I think that #3 is the truth.

skye72

Postby skye72 » Sun 01 Jul, 2007 03:31 pm

#2, because the thought that anyone could actually like most of those creatures is somehow disturbing.

karinka

Postby karinka » Sun 01 Jul, 2007 08:10 pm

#1 because it's the only one left and because EW! VANILLA?!
"The question is 'Is she hot' not 'Would you do her'. Respect the game."

Karenins_SuperSon

Postby Karenins_SuperSon » Mon 02 Jul, 2007 08:41 am

karinka wrote:...because EW! VANILLA?!

Oddly enough, year after year, Baskin-Robbins says that their best seller is Vanilla.

It's hard to imagine something beating the Jamocha Almond Fudge...but it does.
Her lips were saying "no," but her eyes were saying, "read my lips."---Dr. Niles Crane

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Mon 02 Jul, 2007 10:13 am

Fer cryin' out loud! Am I that weird?

Binkster, you once again are up.

1. My favorite flavor of ice cream is vanilla. Mint chocolate chip runs a distant second. True. But Baskin-Robbins isn't in my budget, so I have nothing to do with their statistics. I just love vanilla flavor, and every other flavor of ice cream seems like a defilement of purity to me.

2. I really like spiders, snakes, frogs, toads, rodents, and most insects and multi-legged creatures... with the exception of the housefly. I will go on a rampage and become Scary Woman when trying to hunt down and kill a common little ol' fly, I hate them so much. True. I think all God's critters are fascinating and beautiful. Even fleas and ants and house flies, when you closely examine their capabilities. That doesn't mean I want them in my house, though, so I allow myself to go a little hostile when they invade my space to bite my kids or pets. Frontline Plus and ant traps and flyswatters are not against my code of ethics. Ask my kids if I like snakes, rodents, reptiles, and so on.

3. Almost every time I follow a recipe exactly, the results are mediocre. If I just use guesswork and intuition, it comes out much better. True. This has been proven out many a time over the ages. Dunno why.

4. I have a tattoo that no one else has ever seen, even my husband. I've never even told anyone about it until now. False. Unless you count the "dental tattoo" inside my left cheek, which was an inadvertent result of some metallic chemical reaction between a filling and my saliva (or so my dentist said), I have no tattoos.

5. All my adult life, I have wanted to learn to fly and get a pilot's license. Only in the past year or so have I come to terms with the fact that this goal is very unlikely to be realized in this lifetime. True. It still could happen; I haven't completely given up. I would need to get a lot stronger physically, though, and that's what's hanging me up now.

Ok, Binky, go. I can't wait; you are one fascinating, funny woman.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Tue 03 Jul, 2007 09:40 am

BINKY!!!!

Where are you? If you're hiding under the pews again, scraping off used gum YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE YOUNG LADY!!

We need you. Seriously. I needs me my Binky Fix.

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Fri 06 Jul, 2007 11:32 am

All right now, I'm really getting concerned.

O where, O where has my Binky Girl gone?
O where, O where can she beeeeeeee?
With her artsy flair and her ABC gum,
O where, O where can she be?

Seriously. Binky, did you R-U-N-N-O-F-T with Mister Dub, and now you're living a life of blissful honeymoonitude so you no longer need us? That'd be AWESOME.

But I sure wish you would post. Momma K worries...

Binky

Postby Binky » Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:39 am

Aw, kee-rap, I din' realize I wuz up. Guess I'd better fire up the ol' gray matter. And also my brain. Har.

Thanks for the song, SchmareSchmnin. It was absolutely haunting.

Binky

Postby Binky » Tue 10 Jul, 2007 10:41 am

Gah! I've gone too many times. I want LowDogg to go.

Go, Doggggggy, go!

KareNin

Postby KareNin » Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:41 am

As self-appointed Queen of This Game Fred, I implore somebody besides me to pick up the reins and giddy-yap.

LowDoggy DoggDude, are you listening??? Binky wants you to take her turn.

If neither one of you two jumps in soon and posts your Four Truths and a Lie, I guess it'll be up for grabs to whoever wants to go.

Karenins_SuperSon

Postby Karenins_SuperSon » Tue 17 Jul, 2007 01:19 pm

I vote that it's pizzo's turn and that he pick from the 8 Things from his blog and copy them to here.

They are awesome!

Binky

Postby Binky » Tue 24 Jul, 2007 10:56 am

P.S. Happy Pioneer day, you Utahns. (Stupid pioneers :wink:)

P.P.S. That is the first emoticon I have ever used. I don't know how I feel about this.

Return to “Games”