The Village's Mutual Improvement Society

Welcome to the Online Village of Nerds. Enjoy your stay.

Moderators: The Don, Lady Celtic, Karenins_SuperSon, Eric's Moderator Brother

Momma Snider

Re: The Village's Mutual Improvement Society

Postby Momma Snider » Wed 07 Sep, 2016 10:09 am

175.2! I'm all worried that I'm headed the wrong direction, though, because yesterday I was 175.0. One of the ladies at work handed me two huge Snickerdoodles yesterday and said, "I know you're always dieting, but you don't have to eat them." Right. Thanks for the support.

KMD

Postby KMD » Mon 19 Sep, 2016 07:28 pm

167, which is 10 lbs less than my last weight posted, and I'm not happy about it! Before surgery, When I would eat a meal, I couldn't eat as much as usual. It was like my stomach was hitting my tumor, and it made me feel yucky. So I was eating probably half at a meal what I used to. Then I had the surgery, and the food in the hospital was awful, and I really lost all desire to eat. I would take 3 bites of soup and be full. I overheard my doc talking to nurses outside my room, and the word "malnourished" came up. I think he released me from the hospital early just in the hopes that I would eat more at home. Which I did, but still nowhere near normal levels.
Living with a cat is like living with a small, very crazy fat man.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Mon 19 Sep, 2016 07:49 pm

I've only been sick enough not to want to eat for a total of maybe 15 days in my entire life. And of course I didn't like being that sick. I've always liked hospital food, though, in general.

I haven't weighed in the 160s since 1988, but I don't think it would be worth being sick to get there. Feel better!

KMD

Postby KMD » Tue 20 Sep, 2016 08:02 pm

163 is the lowest I have been in probably 15 years? And I was dieting and exercising like crazy to get there. It's weird to be close to that so fast, without really trying.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 23 Sep, 2016 09:35 am

Here I go, back the other direction. I was taking Qsemia, a fairly new prescription drug, for the two months that I was losing weight. I still only lost about a pound a week, but it was fairly steady. The prescription ran out three weeks ago. I have to pay $156 every month for it, AFTER insurance, so obviously I can't keep doing that. I've gained three pounds since I stopped.

Yesterday was a bad day, though, so maybe by tomorrow it won't be three pounds.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 25 Oct, 2016 08:32 am

KMD, how are you feeling? Are you all recovered?

I haven't lost any more weight, but I've held steady at around 176. I'm walking every morning, so that's something.

SDR

Postby SDR » Tue 25 Oct, 2016 08:59 am

I'd been maintaining for quite a while. Then we went to California. I slid about 10 pounds in the wrong direction. Today is a new day!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 25 Oct, 2016 01:40 pm

See? Weight gain is inevitable in California! I knew it!

KMD

Postby KMD » Thu 03 Nov, 2016 07:52 pm

Hi Momma! Sorry, I thought I had posted an update! Oops!

So, one week in the hospital, 2 weeks recovery at home, then I went back to work 1/2 time, the next week I was back to full time. I'm doing great. I still can't pick up heavy things, and I get sore at my incision site when I don't rest, which is all the time. My big project at work went live last week, I have worked a ridiculous amount of OT but it should finish by next Friday. And then I can take a day off and nap!

I'm going for another MRI tomorrow, to check a spot that was causing me pain. I feared it was another tumor, my doc thinks it is just scar tissue, but we both want to Know. So, let's hope for scar tissue!

Weight has been pretty steady at 171 lately. My appetite is back, but my stomach shrank a bit, so I am fetting full faster at meals. My husband got diagnosed as pre-diabetic too, so now we are on the same diet, which makes cooking dinner easier on me. But, he dropped 9 lbs and a pants size in like 2 weeks, where it took me months. Not fair....

KMD

Postby KMD » Wed 23 Nov, 2016 10:46 am

It was just scar tissue, no more tumors for me! Yay!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 29 Nov, 2016 01:32 pm

That is great news! Scar tissue isn't great, but it beats tumors by a long shot!

I'm feeling kind of sickly the last few days, not really sick, just not well. Nothing sounds good to eat, and I don't want to do anything but sleep. Unfortunately I have to be at work, so sleep is out of the question, and the sleepiness leaves at about 1:30 a.m. for a couple of hours. Also, do you think the fact that nothing sounds good to eat keeps me from eating? If you think that, have you ever met me? Because no, Sir or Madam, that is not what that means. Instead, I keep scrounging for food all day, cramming various things into my food hole to see if maybe this tastes good, or that.

KMD

Postby KMD » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 06:12 am

I remember one time I has a nasty stomach virus, really upset my stomach, frequent visits to the bathroom, that sort of thing, no vomiting. And it didn't pass, after 4 days I got worried, went to an Immedicare place. Nurse said " Now, I know you don't feel like it, but try to eat and drink fluids, you need your strength." Didn't have the heart to tell her I had benn self medicating myself with pasta in butter and mashed potatoes, trying to settle my stomach. I have had ulcers, and acid reflux and whenever I get an upset stomach, that usually helps. This time it wasn't helping, but I kept doing it anyway. In that 4 days I gained so much weight, I barely got pants on to go to the doctor!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 06 Dec, 2016 10:33 am

Mmmm. Pasta in butter. That would totally reflux my acid, but it sure would taste good going down.
I hit 173 on the nose the other morning. Haven't been back since, but I'm still in the 173 range, so I feel pretty good. I went to the doctor just before Thanksgiving but saw the PA or whatever she is rather than Dr. Remarkably Handsome, but that was okay. She asked what my weight goal was, and I said 160. I told her I realized that seemed pretty high for a fairly short woman, but she said it was perfectly reasonable. (I will have to be about 156 in the morning to be there, and that's pretty far away anyway.) Then she also told me it's pretty much a lost cause for a woman my age anyway, that I would have to work really, really hard, go to a gym, a basically do a lot more than I'm doing to get anywhere. She wasn't discouraging, just realistic, and it was quite refreshing, really. I have never expected to get to a "normal" weight again. And, in fact, what the charts call normal doesn't look right on me, as I found out VERY briefly when I was 20, because of my big ol' calves.

Anyway, I am plugging away, hoping to make some progress before the week after Christmas hits and I sit like a slug, eating fruitcake (if I get any) and leftover Christmas goodies.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Fri 09 Dec, 2016 10:09 am

Progress is SO slow, but I guess as long as it's progress, it's good. I weighed 172.6 this morning, the first time I have been in the 172s since 1988. AND I did most of an Insanity workout this morning! I didn't get much air when I was supposed to be jumping, and my pushups lacked form, to say the least, but I kept going for 35 minutes and then took my boxer niecedog for a brisk walk for a few minutes. If I could get into the 160s I would feel so good!

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 11:19 am

I was 170.2 this morning. I had been 170.4 yesterday, and I thought maybe I'd get into the 169s today, so I took my phone upstairs with me last night so I could get a picture of the scale if it happened, but it didn't. Maybe I should have taken a picture of the 170.2, though, as kind of a last farewell to the 170s, hoping I will never, ever get back together with them.

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Tue 17 Jan, 2017 01:03 pm

I realized this morning that I seem to have started the post-Ambien eating thing again, which I only know because I find wrappers and dishes and stuff. I have to judge whether it's likely to have been me or someone else, and that can be a tossup, but there are some things I'm sure wouldn't have been anyone but me. I've got to stop that. I've been stuck here at 170.4 or above for a week, and it needs to move.

KMD

Postby KMD » Mon 06 Feb, 2017 08:57 pm

I have weighed myself every Monday for the past month, and they all said the same thing, 176. So, I guess that is my new "normal".

Momma Snider

Postby Momma Snider » Thu 09 Feb, 2017 03:45 pm

Yeah, I'm back in the 172 range, but one day last week it flashed a 175 before settling on 174.8. It had been 10 days since that one awesome day when I was 169.8, and it really doesn't seem fair that I could have gained five pounds in 10 days, especially since I was still trying. I had definitely not been strict, but I'd said No plenty of times. It should not be so easy to put it on and so hard to take off again.
But I guess as long as we have pants to wear, we're okay, right?

SDR

Postby SDR » Sun 07 May, 2017 12:30 am

June 9: Sandee has gastric bypass
July 31: Scott has gastric bypass

Return to “Main Forum”